Taxes and Incentives
Local taxes, such as property taxes vary across JACKSON COUNTY depending on the city, but Grandview is lower than peer cities.
Grandview Property Tax 2021
City of Grandview: $1.28 per $100 of assessed valuation
The City of Grandview takes great pride in its fiscal responsibility and resilience. Grandview’s base sales tax rate is just below the KC Metro average of 8.785%. The City also boasts a AA- credit rating from Standard & Poor’s.
Grandview Portfolio of Incentives
Grandview offers the following incentives/programs to businesses looking to relocate or expand in Grandview. For more information about what program is right for your business, contact Grandview.
- Chapter 100:From special allocation of tax revenue to tax relief or credits. Most project incentives revolve around the type of development and businesses in question.
- Tax Increment Financing: Offers a wide range of benefits for businesses, from special allocation of tax revenue to tax relief or credits. Most project incentives revolve around the type of development and business.
- Community Improvement Districts: Offers tax relief for existing or new businesses and developments.
- Chapter 353 Tax Abatement: Offers substantial property tax relief for redevelopment of areas determined to be blighted.
- Sales Tax Reimbursement Agreements: Provides sales tax relief for public improvements
State Taxes and Incentives
Grandview benefits from Missouri’s strong state-level business climate. The state has a AAA rating and one of the best track records in the U.S. for fiscal responsibility. From a tax perspective, Missouri ranks in the top 10 out of all 50 states on:
- Corporate Income Tax Rank (#3)
- Unemployment insurance tax rank (#7)
- Property tax rank (#8)
Companies that locate in Grandview can access state incentive programs, including:
- Missouri Works The program offers a mix of automatic and discretionary benefits in the form of 100% retention of state withholding tax, and/ or refundable, transferable, sellable tax credits for qualified companies that choose Missouri as a place to invest and create jobs.
- Missouri One Start As the state’s principal workforce development program, Missouri One Start provides businesses with comprehensive pre-employment and customized training solutions.
- Missouri Build Program (Business Use Incentive for Large-scale Development) BUILD is a selective and competitive program reserved for use with large projects that bring significant investment and jobs that benefit the community and state economies. The program uses bond financing for public or private infrastructure or new capital improvements of the business at the project location. Companies in the BUILD program realize the benefit of the program through refundable state tax credits issued to the company that is equal to the amount of annual debt service payments on the bonds, over a period of 10 to 15 years.
- Tax exemptions for manufacturers Machinery, equipment, and energy directly used to manufacture a product ultimately intended for sale are exempt from state sales tax and local use tax, but not local sales tax. Manufacturers’ inventories (raw materials, goods in process and finished goods) are exempt from inventory taxes